Saturday 15 May 2010

Back from one trip off on another

Just back from a trip along the Blekingeleden (report to come) and I am now preparing what should prove to be a memorable and educational experience. A group of bloggers from Scandinavia will be meeting in Stockholm in a couple of weeks and taking the night train to Undersåker then setting off the next morning for a 2 and half day walk around Vålådalen Nature Reserve in the mountains of Jämtland, Sweden. Undoubtedly there will be much talk about gear, talk about past trips, future trips and so on.

There is an interesting mix of participants there is Hendrik of Hiking in Finland , Jörgen and Martin from Fjäderlätt, Gustav from the Bearable Lightness, Joe from Thunder in the Night

I am looking forward to meeting the group and learning a lot more about hiking in northern Sweden.

My gear items will include:
MLD Trailstar (that makes at least two yellow shelters in Vålådalen)

Be prepared for the many reports on the above mentioned blogs after the trip.


5 comments:

  1. Good to meet people and learn something new. Have a good trip with the other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you've got a nunatak quilt. please post some impressions about the quilt in the next time

    Have a nice time with the other bloggers. I like such meet ups very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martin, it will be an interesting experience, new country to explore under the guidance of others and my first non solo trip for 5 years or so.

    hrXXl, I was fortunate to be living in the USA for a while so I have a winter and a summer Nunatak quilt, they are all I use. They are expensive (even in US terms) but they will last a lifetime. My winter one has an Epic outer while summer one is in Pertex Microloight I have absolutely no complaints and Tom Halpin is excellent to deal with he may be a bit slow with emails but his gear is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let the battle of the wood burners commence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe, I suspect I know the results already, care to guess in the following categories?

    The categories

    Best wood burner:

    Best smoke machine:

    Best all rounder:

    ReplyDelete